Friday, May 30, 2014

Analogy and Definition [Lesson in Life]

Source: here | Edited by me:)
Analogies

I love you the same way I learned how to ride a bike; scared but reckless. -Rudy F.
Loving someone is like caring for a garden, love it too much or too little at it dies, but love it just right and it will life forever. -Anonym.
My dentist once told me that letting go is like pulling a tooth. When it was pulled out, you were relieved, but how many times does your tongue run itself over the spot where the tooth was? Probably a hundred times a day. Just because it wasn't hurting you doesn't mean you didn't notice it. It leaves a gap and sometimes you see yourself missing it terribly. It's going to take a while, but it takes time. Should you have kept the tooth? No, because it was causing you too much pain. Therefore, move on and let go. -Anonym.


Life is like a camera; focus on what's important, capture the good times, develop from the negatives, and if things don't work out, take another shot. - Anonym

A wise man sat in the audience and cracked a joke. Everybody laughs like crazy. After a moment, he cracked the same joke again. This time, less people laughed. He cracked the same joke again, and again. When there is no laughter in the crowd, he smiled and said:
You can't laugh at the same joke again and again,
but why do you keep crying over the same thing 
over and over again? -Anonym

I always wonder why birds stay in the same place when they can fly anywhere on earth. Then, I ask myself the same question. -Harun Yahya

For me, when I picture the person I want to end up with, I don't think about what their career is, or what they look like. I picture the feeling I get when I'm with them. - Taylor Swift

I think that if I ever have kids, and they are upset, I won't tell them that people are starving in China or anything like that because it wouldn't change the fact that they were upset. And even if somebody else has it much worse, that doesn't really change the fact that you have what you have. - Stephen Chobsky, The Perks of Being a Wallflower

Life is like a book; some chapters are sad, some happy and some exciting. But if you never turn the page,. you will never know what the next chapters has in store for you. - Anonym

True love will triumph in the end; which may or may not be a lie, but if it is a lie, it's the most beautiful lie we have. - John Green

It's (love) not about finding someone who won't fight with you or make you sad, or mad. It's about finding the person who will still be standing there wiping the tears away, holding you in their arms after a fight, and the one who will never leave, no matter how hard things can get. - J. Johnson

When you squeeze an orange, orange juice comes out - because that's what's inside. When you are squeezed, what comes out is what is inside. and if you don't like what's inside you can change it by changing your thoughts. - Wayne Dyer

In my memory, it doesn't end. We just stay there. Looking at each other forever. - John Green, Papertown

There's always; a truth behind just kidding, a little emotion behind I don't care, a little pain behind i's okay, a little I need you behind leave me alone, and a lot of words behind the silence. - Anonym

When a relationship is over, leave. Don't continue watering a dead flower. - Anonym

Definitions by Rudy F.

Envy
Is when someone walks around with a pocket full of “that should’ve been me””

Hate
Is what happens when you put a shotgun to the face of understanding and it cowers in the corner

Truth
 Is everything you tell yourself when you realize that no one is looking

Courage
Is ripping your heart from your chest and saying “here…hold on to this for me”

Trust
Is when u jump into someone’s arms knowing they would never let you hit the ground

Love
Is a tablespoon full of hemlock that I’ve been dying to try

Faith
Is doing what you love for a living and watching the bills pay themselves

Memorable
Is vodka and ginger ale at 7 am
With 2 of your best friends on a plane to a city that you’ve never been to

Failure
Is when you talk yourself out of becoming something amazing

Victory
Is standing over the school bully with a fist full of victory

Happiness
Is a girl that I’ve been chasing since I figured out how to run 


Coba baca pelan-pelan analogi-analogi di atas. Menurutku yang telah rangkum ada berbagai rasa; menyejukkan, menusuk, menampar dan lain-lain. Namun lupakan rasa nano-nano. Petiklah pelajaran dari analogi-analogi hidup maupun cinta di atas, meski tak semudah membalikkan telapak tangan. ;)

Salam,
Seseorang yang otw belajar ilmu hidup serta ilmu-ilmu yang lain. 

No comments:

Post a Comment